Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Spiritual Nutrition

I am a huge fan of Dr. Gabriel Cousens. Reading Spiritual Nutrition when I first began my living foods journey helped to keep me aligned on the path to wellness and I still consider that book the living foods Bible. It took me beyond the concept of diet to embrace holistic wellness, which helped me overcome many of the base urges like food cravings and nostalgia for old habits that undermined my goal of optimal health.

last summer I foraged for about 80% of my food.
Not everyone approaches a raw food diet with spiritual pursuits in mind. I had no idea how my life would change on the more subtle levels by simply changing the food I ate, but the results have been astounding. I can say with certainty that my psychic abilities have increased since going raw, and my capacity for grasping and relating to metaphysical concepts has also increased. Meditation comes easy now, and in my sleep, I have this very "awake" feeling that is hard to describe--it feels like I am able to consciously make changes in my waking life from the dream world. Some nights in the summer I don't feel much need to sleep. It is more like my body shuts down for regeneration and repair, and my mind switches to a different level of consciousness. Feeding myself has indeed become a spiritual experience as my mind, body and spirit are so integrated that they communicate with each other fluently. Those of you just beginning to shift to a more whole-foods diet may still be in the physical changes stage, but I highly encourage you to pick up a copy of Spiritual Nutrition so you can better understand all of the reasons why sticking with this diet will change your reality for the better. One of the best reasons is that you become a beacon of light and positive change for others, as I have. Vibrant goes viral when you activate your highest potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment